Friday, September 14, 2012

HELLO DO YOU KNOW ME - MATT & BETSY'S SECOND INTERVIEWS

MATT’S SECOND INTERVIEW
1.)    You took Betsy to the airport to go to Florida for the winter. Are you looking forward to spring when you come back to Minter? I am, but first I need to spend some time with my sister in Florida. It will be the first real vacation time I’ve had since this whole thing started.
2.)    Were you surprised when you found out Betsy’s friend called Vicki about selling Betsy’s place in Selkirk? I never thought finding her would be this easy. I persuaded Vicki to let me keep the appointment. I certainly didn’t expect to cause Betsy’s accident. I also didn’t expect the amount of damage her house had sustained in the hurricane. The least I can do is make the repairs. If she still wants to sell the place, I’ll gladly buy it for whatever price she’s asking.
3.)    We heard Cal came down to help you with the roof. We also heard Ronnie came and caught the two of you in bed together. Do you think you can persuade your son that you love his mother and plan to be together? Cal coming was a godsend. We were able to make short work of the roof, especially since my bother-in-law and his friends also helped. Cal did tell me he got back the DNA results and there is no doubt in his mind as to whether I’m his brother. As for Ronnie, it was all a misunderstanding. We were both exhausted and were taking a nap. Nothing was going on, but Ronnie jumped to all the wrong conclusions. I just hope when I return to Minter in the spring we can mend all the bridges and have a relationship. If not, I will be forced to disappear from Betsy’s life so she can again become close to Ronnie.
BETSY’S SECOND INTERVIEW
1.)    Matt’s visit shook you up, but what happened when you got to Florida you were in for more shocks. Can you tell us about it? I was shocked when Trish brought me back to her place. I thought the roof of my house would be replaced but it was still tarped. It’s hard to believe we were conned. Of course when I was starting to paint in the house, I had a terrible accident. I tripped over one of the sawhorses and not only broke my wrist, but also my cheek. I don’t know what I would have done if Matt hadn’t come down to do the work that needed to be done.
2.)    Ronnie came to surprise you and found you and Matt in bed. Do you think Matt will ever be able to get close to your son? I hope so. Of course the whole thing was a misunderstanding. We had been to the doctor in the morning to check the progress of my wrist and I was exhausted. The only thing we were doing was taking a nap. At this point, I don’t know if Matt and Jerry have a chance, but I hope so. I don’t want to lose him for a second time.
3.)    When you got back to Minter, you didn’t go to Ronnie’s house. Why is that? Ronnie and I aren’t on the best of terms at the moment. Dee and Bryce were generous enough to let me stay with them until my condo is ready. Since Ronnie and Nancy have already moved into my place, I think going back there would be awkward.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this interview. I’m going out of sequence next week and will be interviewing the characters of WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE WAR, GRANDMA? This book is a companion book to HELLO, DO YOU KNOW ME? As it also deals with a Vietnam vet. This time it’s a mash nurse and the doctor she had an affair with while stationed overseas. These interviews will be posted on thursday and Friday. On Monday and Tuesday I will interviewing the characters from JAYDEN'S NEW PEOPLE, the last book of the BIRDSINGER series.

No comments:

Post a Comment