Monday, August 13, 2012

DOUBLE M THE JENNINGS - LUKE AND ALICIA'S INTERVIEWS

Back When the Double M series was being published, I was asked to write the last book, DOUBLE M: THE JENNINGS. To be honest, I had written a three book series and I was done with it, but between my editor, my artist and my publisher, I was finally convinced to write the story of this family from 1979 to 2007. So much happened in history during those years, it was a difficult story to write, but once I got started, it seemed to write itself.
LUKE’S INTERVIEW
1.)    You and Kenlyn have a unique love story. Now that your first child is about to be born are you excited. The baby Kenlyn is about to have my natural child, but Lance has become a son to me in every sense of the word. I love that boy more than I could ever think possible.
2.)    How did you feel when Greg Bennett came to try to get full custody of Lance? Kenlyn was a basket case, but her Uncle Jim said Greg didn’t have a leg to stand on. The fact Kenlyn had to relive the nightmare of being married to that bastard almost did me in. If we’d lost Lance, I think I would have been tempted to kill Greg. I know we won, but when he didn’t come back to see Lance it broke my son’s heart.
3.)    You’ve built quite a life for yourself at the Double M. How do you feel about finally moving to the ranch? I love the Double M and am proud to be a part of it. I never liked living in town, but Kenlyn liked to be close to her job. I think the reason she didn’t want to be out here was part of her rebellious streak. She’s mellowed and now is thrilled at the possibility of finally coming home.
Alicia’s Interview
1.)    You were working in Chicago and had a pretty good job. Why did you come back to Corbit? I made the mistake of sleeping with my boss and believing he would marry me. When it all blew up in my face, I told him I wouldn’t be his mistress after he married the daughter of the owner of the agency. Of course, he told a different story and I ended up being blackballed. I’m a damn good accountant. I didn’t deserve this.
2.)    When you first came home, did you ever think you’d be working and living at the Double M? I was on my way to apply for a waitress job at the Corbit House when JP called and offered me the position at the Double M. I knew JP in high school and at the time would have done anything to have him notice me. I was a little worried about living in the same house with JP, but it didn’t take me long to see him as an honorable man.
3.)    You and JP got married pretty quickly. Did you really believe you were in love? I loved JP in high school and come to find out, he liked me as well. It didn’t take long for us to realize we should be together. I think both families were shocked and pleased with our marriage. We’re both in this for the long run.
www.derr-wille.com

No comments:

Post a Comment