Thursday, August 30, 2012

HER TENANT - DEE & BRYCE'S FIRST INTERVIEW

Dee Williams needs to rent the other side of her duplex. Her ideal tenant is a nice gay couple who won’t be a threat to her. Will she settle for a fifty something widower when Bryce Devlin comes to town?
DEE’S FIRST INTERVIEW
1.)    You’ve had a hard year. What’s been going on? About a year ago, my husband, Paul, left me for a younger woman. He thought he’d get half of this duplex, but he didn’t realize my mother had it protected. Then Mom got sick and died. I couldn’t believe it when I got the final divorce decree on the same day Paul sent me a post card announcing his marriage. The bastard couldn’t even show up at the funeral.
2.)    I’ve heard you have a duplex for rent. Has anyone shown any interest in it? I haven’t even finished cleaning out my mother’s things. I’ve got a rummage sale going on and then I can concentrate on cleaning and painting. Once that’s done, I can start advertising.
3.)    Lane and Grant brought over their friend, Bryce. Will you rent the duplex to him? I’m not sure. I don’t know how prudent it would be to rent to a single man when I’m here alone. What would people say?
BRYCE’S FIRST INTERVIEW
1.)    You’ve lived in Chicago for a long time. Why are you moving now? My wife, Sue, passed away two years ago. I’ve been ready to move for months. It didn’t take me long to accept the offer from Compton Industries in Minter, WI. I can thank my friend, Grant, for suggesting me to his new company.
2.)    I hear you’re staying with Lane and Grant. How did they con you into going to rummage sales with them? It didn’t take much on their part. Sue and I used to go to rummage sales all the time. It’s amazing how many good buys you can get. Sue always said it was also a good way to get to meet the neighbors.
3.)    You stopped at a rummage sale at Dee Williams’ house. Do you think it was a set up for you to tour the duplex she will soon have ready to rent? Of course it was. It didn’t take me long to figure out Lane is quite the matchmaker. I really like the layout of the duplex, but I think I like the landlady more. I hope she’s consider having me as her tenant.

No comments:

Post a Comment